Location: Any MSF Office*
Contract: : Permanent - Full Time
Reporting to: Secretary to the IB
Starting Date: ASAP
Deadline to apply: 29.01.2023
*By default, the successful candidate will be offered a contract in the MSF office of their country of residence at the time of application.
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 24 sections, 25 associations and other offices together. Registered in Switzerland, MSF International provides coordination, information and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
The Secretariat to the IB Team is the core executive group responsible for ensuring the IB’s enactment of its roles and responsibilities. This small dynamic team within the International Office has a broad international scope and responsibility for carrying out the work delegated by the highest governance bodies of the movement.
The position of Assistant to the International President and International supports the associative management of MSF International, particularly the International President and International Board.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The Assistant to the International President (IP)and International Board (IB) will:
IV. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The Assistant to the IP & IB will play a key supporting role to the IP and IB members, providing administrative and organisational support for the IP and IB platform.
The Assistant to the IP & IB must be diplomatic, and results oriented with demonstrated capacity to prioritize workflow effectively in a fast paced environment.
V. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support to the International President
The Assistant to IP & IB will:
2. Support to the International Board
The Assistant to the IP & IB will:
3. Support the Secretary to the International Board
The Assistant to the IP & IB will:
• Genuine interest in, understanding of and commitment to the humanitarian principles, social mission, operations, and challenges of MSF
• Outstanding organisational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure and within tight and often changing deadlines whilst maintaining the appropriate priorities and communication
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Self-driven, committed and able to work effectively in teams
• Ability to adapt well to unanticipated changes in a fast paced environment
• Ability to handle confidential information with total discretion
• Fluent English (written and spoken) and proficiency in French
• Diplomatic ability and judgement regarding networking, information gathering, and sharing
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, possessing maturity, patience and understanding
• This position will require occasional short trips to other MSF offices within Europe and flexibility to travel and work outside normal business hours and on weekends
• MSF or other NGO experience / knowledge of humanitarian domain
• Previous experience working as a personal assistant to a high-level position.
• Previous work with senior management
• Additional language skills
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.