Location: Any MSF office (with maximum of 2 hours difference with CET)*
Contract Fixed-term contract at 100%
Duration: 6 months
Starting date: 1st January 2023
Deadline to apply: 6 December 2022
*By default, the successful candidate will be offered a contract in the MSF office of their country of residence at the time of application.
I. MSF INTERNATIONAL
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF International is the legal entity that binds MSF’s 24 sections, 25 associations and other offices together. Registered in Switzerland, MSF International provides coordination, information, and support to the MSF Movement, as well as implements international projects and initiatives as requested.
II. POSITION BACKGROUND
The MSF International finance team organizes and coordinates the combination of the annual accounts of 46 different MSF entities. It is responsible for preparing the combined financial statements of the MSF movement (the “International Combined Accounts” (ICA) ). The ICA must be prepared and audited within very tight deadlines.
The team follows a very precise and tight workplan to produce the ICA. Responsibilities are clearly delineated across team members. The expected workload for the 2022 ICA exceeds the current capacity of the team. MSF International is therefore looking to recruit an additional Officer to ensure that the combination of the 2022 accounts can be done in compliance with established standards and deadlines.
III. PLACE IN THE ORGANISATION
The International Combined Accounts Officer is a member of the International Finance Team of MSF International. He/she reports to Senior International Finance Officer and works closely with staff in all MSF entities and with the auditors.
IV. OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
The purpose of the position of international combined accounts officer is to make sure that all required steps and processes are undertaken in a timely manner, efficiently, effectively and in close collaboration with MSF entities.
V. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Contribute to the preparation of the International Financial Report
1. Provide direct support to reporting entities to ensure that they are able to produce the expected information within the agreed timelines,
2. Review and assess the quality of the information provided by the entities in the financial system and outside the financial system,
3. Prepare all necessary adjusting entries once the information fulfils the required quality standards,
4. Ensure that the entries are properly documented,
5. Update all necessary scheduled and tables as the work progresses,
6. Escalate issues concerning any lack of compliance, weaknesses, or problems to the SIFO,
7. Contribute to a report on results and lessons learned at the end of the process.
2. Support the audit of the International Financial Report
8. Ensure the right level of documentation on the combination process: provide supporting documents of adjustments, PBC list and pf the financial report notes and annexes.
9. Provide information directly or seek additional information from entities to respond to audit queries
10. Prepare any analysis as requested by the international auditors,
11. Escalate issues to the SIFO to ensure prompt resolution.
3. Additional responsibilities and activities:
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.